02-18-2010 03:38 AM
I have tried looking for a fix for this and can't find one so if there is one and i've missed, it my apologies but basically...
I have a hp compaq d610 model d40 and with the basic windows xp installation and the default drivers (hp) on, when the system goes into stand and then is brought out of the standby mode everything wakes up except for the network port and the only way to get this to wake up is to go into device manage and scan for hardware changes or reboot.
I have tried different drivers, bios changes (not update) with no luck but strangelly enough the other 3 makes and models of the same laptop work fine.
Now, before I look into bios updates has anybody come across this?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)