09-04-2011 07:28 AM
i have a dv7 3080ef and i want to upgrade my video card nvidia 230m gt with a better one. can i do that, it's possible? If it is, what alternative do i have ..I mean what model of video card is compatible with my laptop?
09-04-2011 07:35 AM
Sorry to say, but it's not possible to change your graphics adapter. Although called a 'Card' it is in reality physically soldered to the Motherboard in the same way as a chip and so is not an upgradeable component.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)