03-17-2012 08:59 AM
I was using my hp elitebook 2730p as usual, turned it off for a while and when I came back to it the touchpad wasn't working, even an external USB mouse won't work. I tried installing new drivers for the touchpad but it says installation failed and in the control panel > mouse menu it says the "device is unable to start" any help will be appreciated as I've no idea why this has happened, it's running windows 7 64bit proffesional
03-17-2012 04:09 PM
If your notebook is still acting like a four year old with a stubborn streak, (and the TouchPad will not work), you could try a Hard Reset:
Sometimes all you need to do is kick the computer. This method works for a variety of connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.
- Disconnect all external devices first.
- Remove AC power and the battery
- Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
- Reinstall only AC power for first startup ** See Note
- Power on - Log in
- Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.
** Note: You can ignore the bit about leaving the battery out. If you like, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.
I hope this helps!
Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star on the Left
Did this solution fix your problem? Mark this Post “Accept as Solution”!
Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.
2012 Year of the Dragon!
04-09-2012 11:17 PM
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)