Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp envy 17 G0U21AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i started realizing after playing games for a few hours  my pc would get extremely hot one day before i got a exahust vent vacum i put a kitchen thermometer by it after a few hours of gaming it read 113 degrees fahrenheit it has been cooler sense with a cooling pad and exhaust vacum but it is loud beond compare and i was hoping there would be a way to fix this.  also to clean out my pc do i have to open it i would perfer not to also do you just use compressed air or a vacum cleaner to get dust out. plz help thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @jet224,

Yes, compressed air is good. Here is a link that shows you how.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @jet224,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY 17t-k000 CTO Notebook and issues with overheating.  HP CoolSense Technology is a feature in some HP notebook PCs that combines hardware, software, and mechanical design to dynamically manage the temperature of a notebook, and help keep you comfortable while using it. Here is a download that might helpsp65424.exe.

If that does not help,I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS Factory default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook and reset the Fans.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
My laptop already has cool sense and will the bios reset affect my stuff
HP Recommended

Hey @jet224,

That link is an update. No, a BIOS update just has to do with hardware.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
K I'll try it
HP Recommended
Shouldn't I try blowing air into the vents to help
HP Recommended

Hey @jet224,

Yes, compressed air is good. Here is a link that shows you how.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hey Jet,

If you haven't fixed your laptop yet, don't bother with forums. This topic has been posted about fifty times and not once has the issue been resolved for anyone, including myself. The real issue is that HP decided to use a cheap, poorly made cooling system that doesn't truly work, and never will if you are playing video games. Save yourself the hassle and do what I did: buy a Tree New Bee Cooling Pad (or other cooling pad, that's just the one I bought and it works great). It only costs twenty dollars, and it looks and works great. As for HP, you're incompetence and lack of care in regards to customer support can and will lead to things like this: http://www.amazon.com/Tree-New-Bee-Cooling-15-6/product-reviews/B016PMVM7Q/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.