09-11-2013 11:39 AM
Hello hp, I have an hp 61632nr laptop with a black screen problem. When the unit is turned on you hear the fan and hard drive but a black screen only, one blinking led by caps lock button (cpu code). I have done a power down, removed the memory and replaced one by one, used ext monitor to the check the screen. I have even removed the hard drive that works fine, removed and re sat the cpu and used new heat sink paste, but still the same code shows. My question to you is if you were to guess for me would you replace the mother board or the cpu. I have no way of testing the parts. I am willing to take a chance on the $100 part but want to pick the right one. The mother board is 577065-001 and the cpu is 576252-001 thank you..
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)