08-04-2011 03:45 AM
i have a hp pavilion dm4 notebook.it is 5 months old now but recently from last few days it makes beep sound randomly although the sound system is mute. otherwise it is working alright but i donot understand why is it making beep sound. sometimes thrice, otherwise a single time sometimes never.i mean there is no pattern. plz help me how to get rid of this beep sound and why is it occurring???
02-11-2014 07:27 AM
I am having the same problem. The laptop makes beep sound while working. I mean after boot up.
In my oppinion that could be from a faulty HDD. I am considering to change the HDD to a good SSD.
There is less chance for other problems. I could hear the sound without any specific pattern.
I have noticed that my system boot up and working too slow even after a clean install of the OS. That means the time to change HDD(getting old). My laptop has a HDD of 7200RPM which means spinning fast and most likely there is chance to fail in a short span of time.
Hope this help you.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)