Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp probook 6460b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

so i have 3630qm   i put it in and it didnt work . and i start wonder why .

is the laptop have support for this cpu ?

and if not . which is the best cpu that i can use ?

or some bios update ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Service Manual:

6460b service manual

says it uses 2d generation intel core processors and the 6460b does not support any quad cores. So the top of the line for you is an i7-2640m. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The Service Manual:

6460b service manual

says it uses 2d generation intel core processors and the 6460b does not support any quad cores. So the top of the line for you is an i7-2640m. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

123`1243.jpg 

Why 2630qm is better than 2640m ?
well, single thread is not but i seek overall performance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Probook-6460b-CPU-uprade/m-p...

and 2630qm actualy work !

HP Recommended

Have you actually gotten the i7-2630qm to work or are you relying on that other post? 

HP Recommended

the post.

but obvi work , i dont see why will not . its i7-2 .

but back to the question for the 2 cpu's . why 2630qm is with better score ?`

HP Recommended

It has 4 cores, not 2

HP Recommended

Hi. Wich Processor did you use with you Probook 6460b? I wanna upgrade mine but info is not clear. 

Datasheet says 6460b can use only 2 cores Processors, but the Chipset can supports i7-2670QM.  

Other person says he use an i7-2630QM on a 6460b but i wanna confirm before the change on my laptop.

thanks for the response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.