Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp probook 450 g2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i have bought  a brand new hp probook 450 g2 notebook pc last week.and i installed th simple pass version 6 also nut its not working the sensor i not working please hep to solve this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@darshmorgan

@darshmorgan wrote:

then why the insert a finger print sensor to those business notebooks.is there any option to activate that functions because  this note book only for personal use

In answer to your questions:

• Business grade notebooks are provided with fingerprint sensors for the same reason that consumer grade models offer the feature -- biometrics are a very popular method to log into your computer without having to type in a password.

SimplePass software runs on consumer grade notebooks.

• Client Security software runs on business grade notebooks.

Both programs provide some of the same functions.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Options

Install and run Client Security

OR

If you are running Windows 10

and

If you only want / need to log into the computer with your fingerprint

then

you can set up a PIN number and then enable fingerprint logon security that comes with the Windows 10 Operating System 

Start / Windows key > Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options > PIN number

Help:

Add or Remove Fingerprint logon - Windows 10

OR

If you do not wish to install / use the Client Security software on your computer

and

you do wish to be able to log into (most) websites without having to type in a password,

then

you can purchase a password manager program

If you wish, you can combine Security Software and password manager into one service.

Example:  Avast Premier

Disclaimer:  I do not work for Avast nor do I have any personal or business affiliation with the company - I have used their products.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@darshmorgan

System:

HP ProBook 450 G2 Notebook PC

HP SimplePass (of any flavor or version) does not run on business grade computers.

Remove the SimplePass program from Programs and Features > reboot and log into the computer

Business computers, including the Probook notebook series, run "Client Security"

Example, Windows 10 Driver's Page Category Software - Security

Commentary

READ about Client Security and any related software before you install / enable it.  Pay attention to the prerequisites.

To avoid "super-security" (not needed at home), do NOT engage / enable Sure-Key.

Understand that if / when you encrypt your disk, it is not easily undone.

NOTE:

Sure-key and encryption do not break your computer; once set, these are difficult (to impossible)  to remove / disable.

Do NOT encrypt your disk if you plan on Upgrading to Windows 10, else you must decrypt the disk before you can upgrade / migrate to Windows 10.

Select and Download your User Guide

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

then why the insert a finger print sensor to those bussiness notebooks.is there any option to activate that functions because  this note book only for persional use

HP Recommended

@darshmorgan

@darshmorgan wrote:

then why the insert a finger print sensor to those business notebooks.is there any option to activate that functions because  this note book only for personal use

In answer to your questions:

• Business grade notebooks are provided with fingerprint sensors for the same reason that consumer grade models offer the feature -- biometrics are a very popular method to log into your computer without having to type in a password.

SimplePass software runs on consumer grade notebooks.

• Client Security software runs on business grade notebooks.

Both programs provide some of the same functions.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Options

Install and run Client Security

OR

If you are running Windows 10

and

If you only want / need to log into the computer with your fingerprint

then

you can set up a PIN number and then enable fingerprint logon security that comes with the Windows 10 Operating System 

Start / Windows key > Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options > PIN number

Help:

Add or Remove Fingerprint logon - Windows 10

OR

If you do not wish to install / use the Client Security software on your computer

and

you do wish to be able to log into (most) websites without having to type in a password,

then

you can purchase a password manager program

If you wish, you can combine Security Software and password manager into one service.

Example:  Avast Premier

Disclaimer:  I do not work for Avast nor do I have any personal or business affiliation with the company - I have used their products.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.