06-28-2012 08:37 AM
hello. i have a hp tx1025. this is not the first time i have cleaned a heatsink from a computer but it is the first that i have done so with this hp. i do not know where i went wrong. disassembly was not complicated and i made sure that i connected back each component that i unplugged. after putting the laptop back together, plugging it it, and switching the power button i got nothing. no light, screen flicker, no fan sound, nothing. i disassembled and reassembled several more times each time taking longer and longer just to make sure i was not forgetting anything and still nothing. i do not know what to do. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
06-28-2012 09:58 AM
I don't think this is heatsink relate. Double check the power connections. The fact that you turned it on and there are no lights at all indicates that there is no power at all here. Good luck.
06-28-2012 11:29 AM
sorry. poor choice of words. when i plug the ac/adapter into the laptop the white light illuminates at the connection point as always. but when i slide the power switch nothing happens.
don't know what i did because disassembly was not complicated at all.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)