06-05-2012 05:59 PM
Something odd is going on with my wireless mouse. I did install an update for my laptop (HP Pavilion dm4-1065x), last night from Microsoft (KB2718704). Yesterday, it seemed like the battery was going dead (had to turn it off and on several times yesterday, every time it stopped working), so I replaced the battery, but today, when I turned on the computer, it will recognize the USB receiver, but when I tried to use it, the blue light under the trackball just blinks. It will not move across the screen at all, I can't click on it, and it appears to be dead.
Does HP recommend a specific brand of battery? I checked my driver for it, and it is the most recent one.
Short of redownloading the driver and replacing with a good quality brand of battery, is there anything else I can do? I really need it to work as I can't afford to replace it for another month.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)