05-18-2014 07:54 PM
Currently, I am running Windows 8 with 16GB of ram. I have an extra 2 x 4 = 8GB of ram. I would like to add into it.
Would someone let me know, I should install slot 1 (4gb), or slot 1 (8gb) and so on?
Slot 1 = 4GB
Slot 2 = 8GB
Slot 3 = 4GB
Slot 4 = 8GB
Slot 1 = 8GB
Slot 2 = 4GB
Slot 3 = 8GB
Slot 4 = 4GB
Thank you much.
05-18-2014 08:57 PM
Depending on the motherboard but we normally install RAM in pairs and the first slot gets higher capacity (ie 22.214.171.124)
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-19-2014 07:40 PM
I've installed the following RAM
Slot 1, and 3 = 8GB
Slot 2, and 4 = 4GB
Another question - do I have to re-set the manufacture BISO?
If I do, would you provide me with the instructions. I would really appreciated
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)