03-05-2014 02:40 PM
I bought a HP 700-230qe and the graphics card it came with is not enough for an online game I play so I purchased a new Nivdia Gforce GTX 660 graphics card but when I went in and installed it I got a blank screen. I researched and found out that i need to enable the legacy boot and disable the secure boot and this should fix my problem but it doesn't. My gtx 660 is compatible to windows 8.1 which my pc came with pre installed. What am I missing and how do I fix this so that I may play my online game?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)