Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP-15r033tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My laptop hinges has broken.Is it available in hp service centre ?How many cost of this hardware?I am from Kolkata.so please help me to solving my problem .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The hinges would cost you around 600 to 1000 depending on your product and the service charges would be extra. Please call the contact center and they will be able to provide you the part cost and labor cost. An engineer would come to your place and replace the hinges.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Hello pronayprasenjit,

In this case you can call to the HP customer support so, they can let you know if this goes throught the warranty or if you have to buy the hinges.

If you have to buy them, they will help you to contact the sales department.

Regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

The hinges would cost you around 600 to 1000 depending on your product and the service charges would be extra. Please call the contact center and they will be able to provide you the part cost and labor cost. An engineer would come to your place and replace the hinges.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Thanks to all to helping me.
HP Recommended

@Vidya wrote:

Are you kidding me? You probably paid that much for the machine to begin with. And now HP wants you to buy it again because of an obvious design flaw?  Things like this should be under warranty for at lease 5 or more years if it hasn't been mishandled or dropped. Come on HP, have a heart and fix these faulty machines. I also have one and my daughter also had one that fortunatly broke while still under basic warranty. This a problem directly caused by a design flaw on your part. 

My situation has been posted in other places for HP's review and consideration.

HP Recommended

Have they fixed your problem, They want 1000 bucks from me!!

HP Recommended

$1000.00 American? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.