07-04-2009 08:25 PM
ok when i turn the switch to turn the wireless on the light just stays green and the wireless wont work at all. this has been going on for a very long time. also when i turn the laptop on it restarts it self a couple of times. anyone know whats wrong?
07-05-2009 01:29 AM
07-06-2009 05:21 PM
Pavilion dv6000 series with model numbers lower than 6500 with AMD processors are the subject of a recall for the motherboard which shows up as bad wireless or bad video or other problems. There is a warranty service enhancement which extends the warranty to 24 months and HP will replace the motherboard. There are literally hundreds of posts here and on the internet about the nvidia video chipset issue which affects your series and a whole lot more.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)