Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G8D90PA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

after some updates were installed in the system, many changes are seen which are as follows:

1. local disk Z appears continuously, which is noot seen when i open disk management.

2.the wifi option is not at all showing up in my system anywhere

3. when i start my system after shutdown, the numpad is locked and everytime i have to press the numlock to use the numpad keys after startin my system and i have read articles about this which doesn't helped me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sri49
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand the local disk Z has appeared and you are unable to remove it,
Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to safely remove the Z drive,

Please follow the below steps on this YouTube Video (Avoid the ads as it's a 3rd party link, I had to go out of my way to bring this to you)
I would appreciate if you could let me know if this worked out for you

Reply for further assistance (If need be).

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sri49
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand the local disk Z has appeared and you are unable to remove it,
Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to safely remove the Z drive,

Please follow the below steps on this YouTube Video (Avoid the ads as it's a 3rd party link, I had to go out of my way to bring this to you)
I would appreciate if you could let me know if this worked out for you

Reply for further assistance (If need be).

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.