10-31-2011 03:15 PM
My HP Pavilion dv2000 won’t boot… on powering up button all LED indicators remain solid on (blue), including the QuickPlay, the wireless indicator is orange of course. Cannot access the BIOS. Also the hear the cranking noise by the CD drive… and that is it. Nothing else happen. The screens remain dark. I tried a hard reset: nothing. I tested the memory modules, had drive and cd drive with another laptop and they all seem to work fine. Lastly I took them way and powered on; I still got the same result. I have no idea what is going on. Any help?
HP Pavilion dv2000 - Window Vista – no longer under warranty
10-31-2011 03:27 PM
Seems that there is possible failure in the motherboard already because you can't even boot into BIOS.
Try a Hard Reset first. Remove the battery and unplug the charger. Then press and hold the Power Button for about 15 secs. Put the battery and charger in, then try to power on.
You can also try to reset the BIOS by removing the RTC battery, wait for about 10-15 secs then put it back again then power on the notebook.
If none of these would work, I'm sorry to tell but the notebook needs to be serviced.
Click the White Kudos Star to say Thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)