11-03-2012 06:08 PM
My pavillion g6 notebook fan is not working how do i fix it?
i found out a few days ago when i was not hearing the sound my fan usually does because its really loud
and then 1 day i got the message. and is there a way to make it quiet?
11-06-2012 08:54 AM
Here is the Manual that shows you how to remove all the replaceable part in the notebook. Go to page 73 where it tells you the part #'s for the fans depending on what your processor is.
Now, i wouldn't advise you to remove it yourself.
But these are the steps to remove the Fan.
1. Turn the system board right-side up, with the front toward you.
2. Disconnect the fan cable from the system board (1).
3. Remove the Phillips 3.0 x 2.0 screw (2) that secures the fan/heat sink assembly to the system
4. Follow the sequence embossed on heat sink to loosen the six Phillips 10.0 x 2.0 captive screws
(3) that secure the fan/heat sink assembly to the system board.
If you want to replace the fan just go to Hp PartSurfer and search by your product #.
Here is a Document that will help you with Reducing Heat inside the PC.
Also,Reducing Fan Noise.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)