12-26-2009 01:54 PM
i wiped both partitions off my g60 vista laptop and tried to reinstall a clean copy of xp, but, it appears that when i wiped the recovery partition, i also wiped drivers too. when i try to install xp it says:
"windows could not start because of a **bleep** hardware config problem. could not read from selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware. please check the windows documents about hardware disk config and your hardware reference manual for additional info." i know, i know! i shouldnt have wiped the recovery partition...but i did. but now that i have, is there any way for me to get xp into it and then get any drivers that im still missing. thank you for any help you can give.
12-27-2009 05:45 PM
well, i got xp in but im still missing the drivers for the sm bus controller and coprocessor. its a g60 249wm. and just so you know the "bleep" was "disk", i may have spelled it wrong resulting in a different word.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)