02-16-2011 12:55 PM
The notebook is otherwise working perfectly but without wireless. The radiobutton has no effect on enabling or disabling the wireless-module. Could i fix this by replacing the wireless-module (Broadcom BCM 4311) or should i do something else?
02-16-2011 01:29 PM
Open Windows Control Panel and then open Windows Mobility Centre. Is there an option to enable the wireless adapter here?
Also, from the Control Panel, open Device Manager ( if using XP, click the Start Menu, click Run, type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter ) and open up Network Adapters. Can you see the wireless adapter listed here and does it have any error icon against it?
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)