03-15-2011 01:08 PM
hello, I'm in trouble with my laptop. It doesn't seem to recognise the hard disk any more.
My brother tried to format the hard drive and had some trouble, so the condition right now is the following:
when the pc trys too boot i get an error "err2err3" with a black screen.
When i try recovery to factory defaults, i'm getting an error 1002 and recovery stops.
If i run the diagnostic for disks in bios i get "#1- 07 fail".
Yesterday i put a pclinuxos live cd. I couldn't mount sda1 partition, while the sda2 (recovery) was mounted and gparted could not work correctly. Today with an ubuntu live i couldn't even see the recovery partition.
Waiting for your reply. Thank you in advance.
03-15-2011 02:06 PM
The test you ran from the bios on the HDD ( #1- 07 fail ) indicate that the drive has failed. Personally, this would be the first thing I would replace to see if it solves the issue.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)