07-21-2010 10:25 PM
My power cord is plugged into my dv7 1267cl. but its not charging, i can unplug from computer and plug back in and it will charge for a little while (sometimes just seconds) and it quits charging..... I checked the device manage and it says cord software is update. and it and the battery are working properly....any suggestions.?? All help is greatly appreciated.
07-21-2010 10:50 PM
Do you see a light next to the ac adapter port? What happen when you unplug the ac adapter? Can you try to wiggle the ac adapter around and see if that will charge the battery? Check if theres a physical damage on the ac adapter. Also, run a battery check from help and support if you got vista, or support assistant if you got windows 7.
07-21-2010 11:07 PM
Fastest way to determine if the power cord is defective_remove the battery and try to power on with only cord attached.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)