Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

new user would like to but cpu for cq56

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check your inbox, I've sent you a PM. 

It'll be nice to see one of my cpu chips being used.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Check your inbox, I've sent you a PM. 

It'll be nice to see one of my cpu chips being used.

HP Recommended
i dont know how to do anything online. need socket p dual core.
one or two have two identical systems cq56-219wm.would buy ist of next month
HP Recommended

Hello astargazer.

This notebook originally came with an Intel Celeron 900 CPU.  The Maintenance and Service Guide (click here) lists three Intel Celeron CPUs used in this notebook family.  Of these CPUs the only one that would be likely to work and be better than the current CPU would be the Intel Celeron 925.

If you decide to install a CPU that is not one of the compatible models listed in the guide then it is impossible to know whether or not the upgrade will work.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hey guys and gals just wanted to chime in and say that I just upgrade my CQ56-219WM with an Intel T7700 and added an extra 2GB of RAM. Everything seems to be running real smooth right now and the upgrade was well worth it. One thing I noticed was that the die on the T7700 is larger than the original Celeron 900 so I'm not 100% sure if the heatsink covers the entire die or not. Temps seem to be fine hitting high 70's under full load but when in regualr use it hovers around 45 - 50.  Thanks to all the previous posts for giving suggestions toward possible CPU compatibility. The upgrade options in the service and maintanance guide were a little too low end for me.

HP Recommended

Hey i actually have the same computer and i also added in 2Gb of ram a while back, and it just so happens that i just purchased a T7700 a few days ago. However, it would seem that there is an issue when ever i put it in. It fits fine and starts up like normal, but it turns off about 10 seconds after i turn it on with no signal to the screen. Then it automatically turns back on again, as if restarting, with no signal to the screen and just sits there. All of the connections are fine iv been in and out and checked them 10+ times thinking i broke something before I had to change it back out for the old Celeron 900 which is in it now. When i put the Celeron back in it starts up and runs fine like nothing has happened. I'v been reading up on some stuff and i think it might have something to do with the bios. I already did the pulling of the cmos battery to reset the bios back to default, but i can't figure out what i need to do to update them, or even what to update them to for that matter, so they will work with the T7700. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi Silentash94,

I understand you are looking to update the BIOS after installing the T7700. Here is a document on how to do that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have an ever increasing pile of these cpu chips on my bench and anyone wanting to upgrade to a core2 duo cpu is welcome to message me. I have some I'll be glad to give free to a good home and some of the faster ones sell or trade for other hardware. 

These are good working chips so if you have a legitimate need for more than one you're going to have to convince me that you're not going to destroy them to salvage the precious metals from them. It looks like postage would be about $3 (envelope) or $6 (box) domestic usa, international $12 (envelope) $24 (box) to most locations worldwide.

HP Recommended

I'm interested in a T7xxx chip for a CQ56 upgrade... Let me know how you wanna work that out. I would prefer one with a 4MB cache but beggers cant be choosers. Let me know

@TuuS wrote:

I have an ever increasing pile of these cpu chips on my bench and anyone wanting to upgrade to a core2 duo cpu is welcome to message me. I have some I'll be glad to give free to a good home and some of the faster ones sell or trade for other hardware. 

These are good working chips so if you have a legitimate need for more than one you're going to have to convince me that you're not going to destroy them to salvage the precious metals from them. It looks like postage would be about $3 (envelope) or $6 (box) domestic usa, international $12 (envelope) $24 (box) to most locations worldwide.

HP Recommended

I sent you a private message. The freebies have 2mb cache, but if you want to match what the wholesalers pay (about the cost of a cheap cup of coffee) I'll send you one with 4mb.

or if you can figure a way to upload the coffee to me, that will work too  😛   

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.