Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Silentash94 wrote:

Hey i actually have the same computer and i also added in 2Gb of ram a while back, and it just so happens that i just purchased a T7700 a few days ago. However, it would seem that there is an issue when ever i put it in. It fits fine and starts up like normal, but it turns off about 10 seconds after i turn it on with no signal to the screen. Then it automatically turns back on again, as if restarting, with no signal to the screen and just sits there. All of the connections are fine iv been in and out and checked them 10+ times thinking i broke something before I had to change it back out for the old Celeron 900 which is in it now. When i put the Celeron back in it starts up and runs fine like nothing has happened. I'v been reading up on some stuff and i think it might have something to do with the bios. I already did the pulling of the cmos battery to reset the bios back to default, but i can't figure out what i need to do to update them, or even what to update them to for that matter, so they will work with the T7700. Any ideas?

What kind of thermal paste did you use when installing the cpu? Without good theral contact the much more powerful cpu will trigger a thermal shutdown and reboot the machine. 

HP Recommended

I'm interested and I just sent you a PM. I realize this is an old thread, but I could use one of those chips for a recently inherited laptop.

HP Recommended

No problem, I still have a number of them in my drawer. I'll reply to your PM shortly.

HP Recommended

My HP G62 219wm is the same model as the CQ56...my G62 screen quit working..So Id thought the screen was bad...So id tried my mother board in a in the cq56 did the same..Lead me to believe my video card in my G62 is bad..so Id checked the cpu in the Cq56 had a 2.20 cpu..threw in my T4500 2.33 in it and it works great..found out these are the P socket..and some of the P chips series will work too from what ive been finding out..

HP Recommended

@joseywales72569 wrote:

My HP G62 219wm is the same model as the CQ56...my G62 screen quit working..So Id thought the screen was bad...So id tried my mother board in a in the cq56 did the same..Lead me to believe my video card in my G62 is bad..so Id checked the cpu in the Cq56 had a 2.20 cpu..threw in my T4500 2.33 in it and it works great..found out these are the P socket..and some of the P chips series will work too from what ive been finding out..

Hi, as you realized these CPUs can be easily upgraded and although your T4500 Pentium is an upgrade from the single core celeron, the ideal upgrade would be a core2 duo chip, preferrably one that has much more L2 cache than the 1mb that your T4500 offers. I have some 2mb core2 chips that I was offering members for only the cost of postage, but I also have some 4mb chips that I can offer for $4 each if you're interested. In my opinion the cache size is much more important than the clock speed because it allow the chips to multitask much better. The core2 is also the most advanced chip that will work in this socket type. As you are probably aware these laptops are pretty much useless with the celeron CPU, but with a cheap core2 chip they can run pretty much any software. These laptops are available cheap because of their perceived uselessness, but if any member has some or is interested in getting some, I'd love to see all these cpu chips I have go to good use as I'd hate to see them scrapped for their gold content.

HP Recommended

Hi, as you realized these CPUs can be easily upgraded and although your T4500 Pentium is an upgrade from the single core celeron, the ideal upgrade would be a core2 duo chip, preferrably one that has much more L2 cache than the 1mb that your T4500 offers. I have some 2mb core2 chips that I was offering members for only the cost of postage, but I also have some 4mb chips that I can offer for $4 each if you're interested. In my opinion the cache size is much more important than the clock speed because it allow the chips to multitask much better. The core2 is also the most advanced chip that will work in this socket type. As you are probably aware these laptops are pretty much useless with the celeron CPU, but with a cheap core2 chip they can run pretty much any software. These laptops are available cheap because of their perceived uselessness, but if any member has some or is interested in getting some, I'd love to see all these cpu chips I have go to good use as I'd hate to see them scrapped for their gold content.

Hi. If you still have a few of those chips around, I'd like to buy one of the 4mb chips. If not, a 2mb would work. Anything is better than the Celeron I currently have.

HP Recommended

@Soundwve wrote:

Hi. If you still have a few of those chips around, I'd like to buy one of the 4mb chips. If not, a 2mb would work. Anything is better than the Celeron I currently have.

Yes, I have even more of them and I'm eager they find a good home. When I consider the amount of technology that does into these chips it would be sad if they end up being destroyed to salvage the gold from them. These chips have all been pulled from working laptops that had the motherboards pulled to repair other laptops and they were all heavily tested along with the cpu chips, so I'd stake my life on the fact that these chips are all as good as new, which is why I want them to be used, not destroyed.

If you or any other members can use them please let me know. It would be ideal if I could find someone with a fleet of similar laptops that wanted a bunch of them rather that packaging each chip separate and shipping them, but I'm still happy to ship them one at a time if that's all you need.

Besides knowing which class of chip and quantity I'll need your location (country).

I'll send you a Private message to your inbox so you don't need to post any personal info in the public forum. You should get an email notification as well as an indicator on the top of the forum showing there is a new message (when logged in). 

HP Recommended

I am interested in one of theose cpu for the presario cq56-219wm

[Personal Information Removed]

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey, would you happen to have any 7700s left for a poor teacher with a 7 year old laptop?  Mine is a CQ56-109WM; hopefully the slight difference shouldn't make a difference?

The Celeron-900 needed to be relegated to the ash heap of history the day it was made!

HP Recommended

I have a COMPAQ CQ56 which I have upgraded to a Core 2 Duo T7700 cpu.  I am interested in a further upgrade - to a T9500 CPU - or another option?   The T9600 is rated for 2.8 ghz - whereas the T7700 operates at 2.4 ghz.   I will be pleased to have your recommendation for the fastest upgrade available, and the approximate increase in computing capacity?  I would be disappointed with an upgrade improvement of less than 25 or 30 percent.   I am willing to pay the going rate for a used upgrade CPU.  Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.