Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp envy x360 15-u110dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok, so i'm not sure how recent but my laptop has onedrive installed [i think they all do but whatever] ok so when i press the prtsc-key screenshots get saved into onedrive pictures screenshots file...now heres the problem for whatever reason onedrive seems to stop working every time i power off my laptop so then when i boot up i gotta find the exe file and double click. slightly irritating but fine whatever but now i'm noticing that if its not on i cant do screenshots :/.

also its weird because its not like it isnt possible for it to save to my local pictures file under the screenshots file, which has like the first 5 screenshots i ever took but for whatever reason i guess got redirected to onedrive from then on. sooo is there anyway for me to have my screenshots be directed to my local save and not to onedrive so i can stop restarting it just to screenshot or help fixing onedrive.?

yes i've tried alt button commands for screenshots those dont work either unless onedrive is on and i really rather not fool with snipping tool ....we have a prtsc key for a reason and i would like to use it ....lastly i ran a full scan with mcafee and nothing popped up...sooo hopefully i gave enough detail and such thanks to all who read this and help XD

quick update: found why i have to keep jump starting onedrive...i had it disabled and forgot lol but still can i redirect screenshots to local storage so i can use my prtsc key

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @TheGuyWithQuest,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I grasp that when you take screenshots they are being saved automatically to OneDrive  and you would like to save them to a folder. Although that is more of a Microsoft issue than and HP as it is the operating system, I think this may help. How to stop saving screenshots to OneDrive automatically in Windows 10 (from thewindowsclub.com). Any advertisement or third party software on the page is not endorsed by HP and you would use at your own risk.

Please reply back and let me know the outcome.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the "Thumbs up" below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @TheGuyWithQuest,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I grasp that when you take screenshots they are being saved automatically to OneDrive  and you would like to save them to a folder. Although that is more of a Microsoft issue than and HP as it is the operating system, I think this may help. How to stop saving screenshots to OneDrive automatically in Windows 10 (from thewindowsclub.com). Any advertisement or third party software on the page is not endorsed by HP and you would use at your own risk.

Please reply back and let me know the outcome.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the "Thumbs up" below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

oops sorry, thought i should post here :3 . thanks for the help .

that info helped me to use win+prtsc for screencaps even if onedrive was off. didnt let me use the prtsc key alone but eh still better than none of the screencap combos like before.

i'll migrate to microsoft for further assistance

HP Recommended

Hi @TheGuyWithQuest.

Thank you for the update.   I am glad that you found a work around for the print screen issue.  Here are links to assist you with contacting Microsoft.

Microsoft Corporation / Customer Service

1-800-642-7676 

Microsoft Support Contact Us.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.