Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm downloading the GeForce 8600M GT driver now, I also noticed from looking at my papers that, In the Monitors section, On Vista I had, Generic PnP Monitor, Now I have Windows7 it says Generic NonPnP Monitor, What does this mean and what does it affect?:)

HP Recommended

Hi:

That is your laptop display screen and those almost always come up as generic monitors--plug and play or non.

Try the W7 32 or 64 bit version for the fingerprint sensor from the link below.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/upek-fingerprint-sensor-biometric-software-and-drive-for-windows-7-bas...

HP Recommended

Okay, Everything is sorted now 🙂 Thanks for the help!! Really helped:)

HP Recommended

I clicked on the x86 bit and it comes up page unavailible? Do you have any other links for me please? thnx:)

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I don't see a download icon on there haha?:) The images don't load properly lol 🙂

HP Recommended

OK...what you have to do with that file is to install it manually.

Here's how to do that...

1. Download the file on the page where it looks like this...

Release date:6/7/2010 
Revision:2.19C 
Filename:2.19C_package.zip 
File size:4882997 bytes
Platform(s):Windows XP, Windows Vista 64bit, Windows server 2003, Windows Server 2003 64bit, Windows XP 64bit, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 64bit, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit 

Then extract that file to a folder and remember where you put it.  :generic:

Then go to the device manager and click on the biometric coprocessor device. Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for software method, and browse to the folder you extracted those files to.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the drivers should install.

HP Recommended

Okay thankyou:) I've done it now and its all done and sorted:) Thanks for helping me!:D

HP Recommended

You're most welcome!

HP Recommended

when i put on my system, before loging in my laptop is always telling me that my biometric authentication is not working properly.please how do i fix this issue

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.