Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I am getting an erroro "Failed to Connect to Project"  while connecting to the ALM project.

This happens after Enabling the version Control from Site Admin , Below the log details:

Note: I was using Version control, and working fine. After check in a QTP script and did a logout, After that I am unable to login. Then I disable the version control and logged in and working

Error 500 Server Error

Caused by:

com.hp.alm.platform.exception.CTdException: Field must be under version control :TS_TYPE
at com.mercury.td.tdserver.qualitymanagement.testing.core.vc.api.logics.VcServicesForTestEntity.checkVcSystemFields(VcServicesForTestEntity.java:409)
at com.hp.alm.qc.extensions.QCQualityCenterExtension.beforeConnectToProject(QCQualityCenterExtension.java:268)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor297.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.hp.alm.platform.extension.BaseExtensionEventDispatcher.invokeMethod(BaseExtensionEventDispatcher.java:108)
at com.hp.alm.platform.extension.BaseExtensionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BaseExtensionEventDispatcher.java:71)
at com.hp.alm.platform.extension.QCExtensionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(QCExtensionEventDispatcher.java:67)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is the wrong forum for Servers, Storage, Software, and Networking. Use the EBC forum:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-and-News/bd-p/itrc-895

HP Recommended

Hello Praji,

Was there any repercussions from disabling Versioning Control? I've read that some people have used the 'Repair' method from the site administration side, and ended up corrupting the project, which is turning me away from trying it.

I'm currently getting the same problem you had, which was 'Failed to Connect Project' while connecting to an ALM project. The Version Control was already enabled and everything was working until i tried changing some 'Testing Types' to integrate another application to ALM.

I've contacted help desk and am currently still waiting to get my ticket resolved by HPE. I don't want to disable Version Control right now because i haven't backed up the project and i do not want to corrupt anything by accident.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.