Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sure, OK to start with check, in device manager you see an entry related to Biometric Devices like below screenshot...We can take it from there...

finger.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

Thanks four your reply. Unfortunately, there is no "Biometric Devices" entry in the Device Manager.

HP Recommended

OK... Try and install this driver and check ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47224.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

I ran the executable file. However, there is no change. There is still no "Biometric" category in the Device Manager.

HP Recommended

Hmmm...Can you post a screenshot of device manager? Just double checking, what is the OS on this notebook as well?

HP Recommended
I have reached the end of my rope (figuratively speaking) - I have been trying to copy in a screen image of the Device Manager, and the copy function is not working. This is devastating to me - I always considered myself somewhat knowledgeable about computers (despite being older), and I did a great deal of research in trying to select a new computer that would be reliable and error-free. To have purchased a machine that, within hours of its first use, is missing support for a factory-installed component and that cannot perform a basic operating system function us extremely disappointing - and I blame only myself. I will contact the vendor and see what my rights are vis a vis returning this machine. Thanks to Cyclops for trying to assist.
HP Recommended

I'm having issues with my fingerprint reader. It's getting to where it can take up to 15 swipes before it reads my fingerprint. My pc is only a week old. It takes too much time to swipe & re wipe with no results. Also is there a way to disable the window that comes up? I'd just as soon use a password, but everytime i go to some websites that need a password that window comes up. It's aggravating.

HP Recommended

my fingerprinter reader is not working

jackiefrost
HP Recommended

Wake up HP Engineers: Uhh, when you turn the machine back on after sleep, is not that the most common time you need to use the biometric device?  The biometric is absolutely useless if the power is off while trying to log in.  DUh!  With engineering choosing default choices like this, and second guessing the technology makes it an easy decision not to buy an HP machine ever again.  

This is the third critical issue I found that proves no controls on the interface board beyond the keyboard, mouse, and power button work on the HP notebooks.  Sending machine in for a driver reinstall is unacceptable.

HP Recommended

There you go, I am  facing the same problem, my finger print reader is not recougnized, attached below is my screen shot of my device manager where i installed my drivers for this finger print reader.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

attached is the second image of the software used by finger print reader in my lap top, showing the error message. "Finger print reader is not recougnized"

Untitled 1.png

My model number is: Hp pavillion DV 6907 tx

The model was initially with the Operating system - Vista, my finger print reader all worked fine, then i later upgraded to windows 7, where i was sucessfull in finding all drivers for my lap top. I was sucessfull in finding the drivers for my finger print reader as well, and i installed it, thats the reason it shows in the device manager, but i dont know the reason why it is not getting dedected.

Is this something to do with the hardware failure to get detected by the drivers ? or an incoreect driver inside my laptop which is not gelling with the hardware (or the driver is not getting digitally signed). please help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.