Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had this same problem on my dv2810ea laptop. Tried many many things and in the end the only thing that fixed it was a new battery ...

HP Recommended

Hello! I had the same problem; I followed some solutions provided on internet but they didnt work. Here is what I've done and that worked:

- While the computer in running, disconnect AC from the outlet

- Restart computer

- After loading, reconnect AC

Try it, it may work for you!

HP Recommended

Mumbodog-   Worked like a charm. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@JMO44 wrote:

Mumbodog-   Worked like a charm. Thanks!

You are welcome!

Welcome to the HP forums.  :generic:

HP Recommended

WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 Professional on an HP ProBook 6550b and am having the exact same problem: "battery plugged in, not charging". It's brand new, the battery is brand new and the charger is factory HP.

I tried Mumbodog's workaround but all those ACPI things just reinstall themselves automatically right after the reboot. Nothing I can do about it.

Any help would be much appreciated...

*EDIT: I made a crucial discovery while browsing through this thread! Windows 7 includes a battery-life-preserving feature that intentionally DOES NOT charge your battery unless it is below a certain level.

So if your notification icon displays a plugged-in state with a 95% full battery that is not charging, then it probably means everything is working just fine. Just let it drain down to 60% or so and then see if plugging it in charges it.

HP Recommended

Mumbodog - THANK YOU so much!! worked perfect :generic:

HP Recommended

hi there i did what u told u in yu pot and it worksss mate....thanx a lot i jut bought a probook 4530s and now its working fine.

HP Recommended

You are all welcome!

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED FOR ME! THANK YOU MUMBODOG!

I have a Compaq CQ-50. The power jack broke the first week I had it due to the faulty design described by others. The whole jack jiggles a little with the plug in it but it still worked fine for a year or more. Then I started getting "Plugged In, Not Charging", then later I was getting it saying I wasn't plugged in at all. The temporary fix for this was to unplug the power adapter from the wall and wait awhile. Maybe a heat switch in the adapter? Anyway, I got a new aftermarket charger that gets super hot and the cord is not long enough, but it at least works. Then I started getting PINC messages again, and my battery was at 0%. That meant that I always had to be plugged in or it would instantly die. Next, I ordered a SIB-CORP aftermarket battery off Amazon. STILL had PINC errors. Finally I tried Mumbodog's fix and it has worked flawlessly since. Thanks!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.