Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@mkush1505 wrote:

Don't blame HP, it's not thier fault.

This is a known issue with Windows 7 being run on laptops.  Many different makes and models of laptops are running into this problem when running Windows Vista and 7.  Not just HP's.

As far as I know there is only 1 fix that works and the problem can reoccur in time.

It seems that Microsoft either isn't aware of the problem or just doesn't have a permanent fix for it yet.

But try this, it worked for me.

1. Disconnect AC
  2. Shutdown
  3. Remove battery
  4. Connect AC
  5. Startup
  6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
  7. Shutdown
  8. Disconnect AC
  9. Insert battery
  10. Connect AC
  11. Startup

I tried this and it did not work. Mine says it is Charging for a few seconds,then goes back to the Not Charging message. I notice also that when I try to charge the computer when it is off,the charging light comes on for a few seconds again,then goes off. Seems to be an intermittent problem.

I bought my universal charger last year,and now,right around the same time this year it is acting up again..don't know if it is the charger or the computer,but ,as one other poster on here said,I also have to leave it plugged in or it will immediately die on me.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hey thanks MumboDog..its worked for me also.

But still i am facing issue about my hp battery. when i pugged the cable it is displeying "plugged in, charging" but when i removed my charge its show down the machine 

My laptop is not working with battery and battery has 94% charged.

Thanks in advance

-Ankush

HP Recommended

Hi guys, I have been following this thread for a little while and had tried the fix that mumbodog suggested and thought it worked, but after a few minutes, I got the message "not charging" again.

I ended up updating my chipset and BIOS on an elitebook 8730w and that seems to have fixed my issue.  I am not sure if that was the sole solution, or that plus mumbodog's fix, but it is worth a shot.

HP Recommended

Recently I have the Same Problem On my Hp Laptop , When I Try to Got support with HP Technical Team , they said "It is Just a feature for working with Battery Temprature to OFF the charging of battery when get max  threshold Temprature".

Visit Me Here

HP Recommended

have hp mini 110 3530 nr.  has battery life 75%. power adapter lights when plugged in electric socket but LED light on mini at connection with power adapter does not light and battery not charging.  Is there something I can do to fix this.  One suggestion said to remove battery and plug AC in computer and start.  Mini will not start unless battery in place.  Only reason mini is working is because there is still battery life at present. 

HP Recommended

Untitled.jpg

i have hp elitebook 8530p using windows 8.1 i have only one battery

i flow all thes steps

1. Disconnect AC
  2. Shutdown
  3. Remove battery
  4. Connect AC
  5. Startup
  6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Batterylistings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
  7. Shutdown
  8. Disconnect AC
  9. Insert battery
  10. Connect AC

Startup 

but still same Plugged in, not charging 

i seen 2 ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery plz help mee

HP Recommended

This did not work for me.  Once I removed the battery, I pluggled the ac and tried to restart the mini and it wouldn't restart.  Interesting enough, if I went into battery in device manager and uninstall ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, shut down mini , reoved battery and restarted without battery it turned on.  When I attempted to restart it a second time it failed to start  I replaced the battery and it started and the uninstall soft ware was there!  Any help????  Sister Martin 

HP Recommended

My laptop battery is not able to charge my HP laptop, HP Probook 6540b model. 

Model DELPHI.

What is the wrong with it?

Could you please help me.

Thanks

HP Recommended

that solution by removing the microsoft ACPI and letting it reinstall was bogus for me...

Noticed on my Elitebook 8540w the bios was still original 2010 version.. there is a september 2013 version out so installed that...

Plugged in not charging condition happened suddenly, shortly after an update to windows 7 ultimate from windows 7 pro...

It happened regardless which HP power adapter i used (i have 3 original HP ac adapters for this product).

Wiggling them did nothing... 

Even connecting the laptop via the docking station with power to the docking station didn't solve it.. so it wont take a charge even via the docking port.

SUCCESS!!
Bios update resolved the issue for me.. at least for the time being 🙂

HP Recommended

Not sure if this will be helpful with any othe rbrand of laptop but I have a few HP 8440w systems that I had bettery issues with. They all had either " battery not detected" or " battery plugged in, not charging. After about 5 days of trying everything and anything i could find online ( none of it fixing the issue by the way ). I decided to just "tinker" with one of them and try different ideas to see what, if anythign I could get to change about the problem. What finally worked for me was, with the battery still installed ( assuming it has no power left in it, as mine did not ) hold down the power button on the laptop as you are inserting the AC adapter. Continue to hold the power button in for a few seconds ( 5 - 10 ) the amber batter charging light should be on and remain on. Press power button again to power on the laptop and your battery should be detected and show as charging. Not saying this will work for everyone but it worked for me and might be worth a shot.

Good luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.