Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-r204ne
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My laptop hp 15-r204ne allready have 4gb hundayi ram
But i am trying to upgrade it to 8gb by adding 4 gb kingston ram
Please telll me wether it supports this ram in other slot and tell me wether it will work nicely
Kingston Technology 4GB 1600MHz PC3-12800 1.35V SODIMM Memory for Select HP/Compaq Notebooks KTH-X3CL/4GFR
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00IOC7NHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yYArxbBF6Z3EN
This link is the product details
If anyother rams you know that supports my laptop pls inform me
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JasifJamal,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp that you would like to upgrade the ram on your notebook and would like to know what is supported.  Here is a link to the :

HP 15 Notebook PC HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook P....

Please note chapter 1, page 2, memory for the details.  It will support up to 16 GB of ram in the configurations listed.  Please review chapter 3, page 19, item 11 for the recommended replacements.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @JasifJamal,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp that you would like to upgrade the ram on your notebook and would like to know what is supported.  Here is a link to the :

HP 15 Notebook PC HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook P....

Please note chapter 1, page 2, memory for the details.  It will support up to 16 GB of ram in the configurations listed.  Please review chapter 3, page 19, item 11 for the recommended replacements.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I want to know whether my laptop( hp15-r204ne )can work smoothly if i put 4gb ram in one slot and 8gb ram on other slot?
HP Recommended

Sure, it will work smoothly but you are a little better off running 2 modules of the same size, I mean a little smoother. However, a lot of laptops are sold by HP with 12 gigs and it works fine. No real problem. 

HP Recommended

Hi @JasifJamal,

I can only recommend the configuration listed in the maintenance and service manual that was provided in my previous posts.  Any other configurations have not been tested and the outcome would be unknown.  Please review chapter 1, page 2,  memory  for the recommended configurations.  When I viewed them I believe there is a typo and that 1x8 and a 1x4 should work for the 12 GB supported ram ( the second option listed.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Watch "HP 15 Laptop Memory Hard Drive Upgrade Replacemen…" on YouTube
HP 15 Laptop Memory Hard Drive Upgrade Replacemen…: http://youtu.be/ryYrCMvXBrk

This video says oly 1 slot in hp15series
And hp 15 series cpuz info says you have 2 slots
HP Recommended

Well it can be tricky to read and understand the manual. Some versions with the low-end processors have a single slot but yours is an i5 processor model and has 2 memory slots. 

But the video accurately shows what a pain it is to get to the memory. Not an easy upgrade.

HP Recommended
Thanks for replying decided to buy kingston 8gb ddr3 pc12800 16000hz ram and i will upgrade it with cofiguaration of 8×1+4×1
HP Recommended
@huffer you are good in techs
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.