Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

hi again

can i replace my hp pavilion 6500 hard drive with

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD ?

will it work?

is the spped difference noticeable?

thanks

A.S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6My78EPtkE

Service manual

See p. 51. Do you have a recovery disk or other means to reinstall Windows onto the SSD? 

What size is the hard drive and what size is the SSD you are goling to install? 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

dv6500? The SSD will be worth more than the laptop. We need the specific model as dv6500s were both Intel and AMD and the answer might be different for different configurations. But generally I would advise against spending serious upgrade money on that laptop. 

HP Recommended

hi

the exact model is 

dv6510 ej  

it has an intel processor 

i saw the mentioned ssd for 140$ .

A.S

HP Recommended

Yes it will work and will make it faster. Do you need any help with physical installation? Windows Vista is not made for SSDs. You should use Windows 7. 

HP Recommended
Thanks
I have win 7
Instalation directions will be helpfull
A.S
HP Recommended

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6My78EPtkE

Service manual

See p. 51. Do you have a recovery disk or other means to reinstall Windows onto the SSD? 

What size is the hard drive and what size is the SSD you are goling to install? 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
I have what it takes to install win7
The old drive is 120 gb
The new one is 500gb
HP Recommended

You could clone the old drive to the new but a clean install is preferable. Windows 7 has a files and settings transfer tool to move just files and settings (not programs) to the new drive after you have Windows 7 installed. The HP website will not have Windows 7 drivers but you can use the Vista drivers and you can also get the drivers off the old drive if it had everything working right. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.