09-11-2013 05:26 AM
Hello, i am using Pavilion dv6 model, everything is fine about it, i just want to replace existing HDD with the new SATA 3 SSD. Is this model supports SATA 3.
I think SSD will improve the notebook performance aswell as battery life.
09-11-2013 08:00 AM
There are dozens of dv6 models. Some will run a sata III SSD at the sata III speed and some will not.
If you have a dv6 with an Intel series 6 or 7 chipset, the SSD will run at the SATA III speed.
If you have a dv6 with an Intel series 5 or older chipset, the SSD will not run at the sata III speed.
If your notebook has AMD hardware, you will need to google the AMD chipset specs and see, because unfrotunately, I don't know much about the AMD chipset specs.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)