Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp envy touchsmart 15

bothe the main screws have fallen out of my laptop....they have never been touched since purchase....the 2 closest tp the scree/keboard join at each corner....

please arrange to send me 2 replacements as i am travelling and nowhere has them...

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

We can't send you screws. And screws do not just fall out. Are you having issues with the screen hinges?

HP Recommended
Spoiler

thanks for the reply.

i can assure you that they did just fall out...i have not touched them since i bought the laptop and it hasn ever been out of my home for anyone else to unscrew them (why would anyone even want to?!)...it is the 2 screews at the top left ad right corners on the back, so as there is no screw the back is slightly coming away....

what do you suggest i do, as to me this is a hardware fault..?

thanks

HP Recommended

The hinges are failing as is unfortunately too common on this series of laptops. Just replacing the screws will not fix it. They came out because the screwholes are likely stripped. You need to contact HP Warranty Support in the country where you bought the laptop. The missing screws are just a symptom of a bigger problem. 

HP Recommended

i leave my laptop open 95% of the time....its been closed maby 50 times in the year ive owned it....are these laptops really that poorly constructed?!

HP Recommended

Hinge issues are happening. I am sure HP sources the hinges from a third party but failures are all too common. There is just no other explanation for the screws falling out. We can debate cause and effect but you need to get your laptop fixed. 

HP Recommended

How about this the screws did fall out.   Yes  they did and hp is at fault. All the screws were very lose upon  recieving the computer. Why would anyone lie about something so small. Upon  checking computer for battery issues like the fire recall. I notice not one but two screws missing. All screws were really lose. I believe the lady's screws fell out also. Why would you even question it.  Just replace them. It's such a small request. I've found ten on ebay for five dollars.  HP has bigger problems with battery fires.  With internet so wide spread, we all know a defective product. This computer has never left my house. My wife and myself are the only ones ever to have used it.  Thank you very much !   HP is not perfect or we wouldn't be checking battery numbers for fire recalls.

HP Recommended

Of course if it were as simple as screwing in new screws that would be no problem. But screws falling out are almost always caused by bad hinges that gradually strip the screws out. So if you try to screw in a new screw it falls out, too. Seriously, if you have not seen dozens of these things and understand the problem with a little perspective your story about one isolated incident adds little to the conversation. I did not say the screws did not fall out. They fell out but the apparently simple thing is not the real problem. 

HP Recommended
Hi I am having exactly the same prole on my Hp 15 touch smart and have never touched the screws had the laptop 2 years and I am extremely careful with it. Doesn't get used that much and I also don't close it. Seems a common thought with the machines as found it on lots of different sites. Unfortunately Im not within warranty now so gonna cost me
HP Recommended
Even I'm facing the same problem pls help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.