Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@LHuck wrote:
.... Under Disk drives in Device Manager on my HP Pavilion laptop there is only one item. It is, Toshiba MQ01ABD100. ..

Hi,

That is the HDD on your computer. As mentioned above, must be at least two. Looks like you need driver for the card reader, what is it (model). You have to contact vendor to get driver for it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

When you ask what is it, do you mean the computer or the multi- format card reader device?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes. Is it the following one:

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/cms/documents/qsg/NS-CR20A1_QSG_ML.pdf

It says Plug and Play but your machine knows you plug in something but it can't work out what is it because no driver. No driver to download from vendor:

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/computer-speakers-accessories/NS-CR20A1.html

Can you swap it and get different brand/model ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

What I don't understand is the device works perfectly on my HP Envy 750-055xt desk top and when I look on the Device Manager on it under the heading Disk drives it too only shows Toshiba XXXXXXXXXX and no other driver. Why then does it work on it and not my HP Pavilion laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your HP Envy 750-055xt machine runs on a different Operating system at the beginning with.

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04719847

Put the card reader on your HP Envy 750-055xt now, you should see at least two items.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I may have accidentally stumbled onto the problem. I attempted to download Realtek 2.0 Card reader. I restarted my computer and pluged in the device and it attempted to download the driver but it still would not read the sd card. I went to Settings and then Devices. I found the device there and attempted to run it but I received a message that the device is for USB  2.0 and not compatible with my computer because the USB ports are 3.0.

HP Recommended

Hi,

USB 3.0 ports are backward compatible but who knows that why I said can you swap with another card reader ?

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I will take it back tomorrow and exchange it for a USB 3.0. If that does not fix it I don't know what to do next. One of the reasons I purchased this laptop is because I thought I would be able to download photos from my camera. I get really frustrated when things don't work out.

I purchased an extended warranty Care Pack for this laptop and I have had to contact customer support on five different occasions to try and get it to reflect on my HP Support Assistant and it still is not showing I have the extended warranty. That is another matter however. Sorry for the vent.

Thanks fior trying to help me. After exchanging the device tomorrow I will post here to let you know how things turned out.

HP Recommended

UPDATE - I exchanged the device to one that was for USB 3.0 ports. When I connecteded it to my computer it downloaded the appropriate drivers and now works perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Since I mentioned it in one of my previous posts I will also say my extended warranty I purchased has finally been recognized and is reflected on my HP Support Assistant.

I am now happy, happy, happy!

Again, thank you for you assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are welcome and many thanks to let us know.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.