09-11-2013 01:19 PM
I have a new HP ENVY 17-j070ca Notebook PC which has some very good features. However. it does have a 5400 rpm hard drive.
Could you please explain, in detail, the steps to take to install a solid state drive.
I have the recovery discs and a 2 TB WD mybook external usb hard drive.
Can I just make an image of the HDD and put it on the SSD?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)