Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ak004tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop suddenly can't boot. It couldn't see the ssd which has my OS, so I checked the socket and the ssd. I think there is no problem with them. now the BIOS also can't see ssd. I install the new windows 10 on my HDD, and I try every solution to figure out what happened. But I still have no answer.

So could u please help me to figure out what happened, and how can I use my ssd.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would remove it from the laptop and connect it to a SATA M.2 adapter and see if I can access data on it but if the BIOS of the laptop will not "see" it that is not a good sign for you. 

At a minimum if you just reseat it maybe it pops back to life. Worth a try. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What kind of SSD? Seems it may have died. 

HP Recommended

thanks for replying

it's ADATA 128MB I bought the laptop 8 months ago

HP Recommended

Then it is under warranty. The M.2 mSSD 128 gig disk needs replacement. If you want to try it yourself here is the Manual:

Manual

HP Recommended

Then it is broken and I have to changed it. Is there any other solution to try? maybe it is still working,

because there are some important information on it.

HP Recommended

I would remove it from the laptop and connect it to a SATA M.2 adapter and see if I can access data on it but if the BIOS of the laptop will not "see" it that is not a good sign for you. 

At a minimum if you just reseat it maybe it pops back to life. Worth a try. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.