Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook - 11-d062na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I was trying to install a windows update on my laptop and it kept saying there wasn't enough memory. so i went and checked the storage and its completly full almost. so i started to delete files and apps off my laptop to free up space. now i have literally nothing on my laptop as i uninstalled google chrome, adobe reader and my security software. but the memory is still pretty much full

28.5GB USED OUT OF 29.1GB on the laptop

14.8GB on system and reserve

5.03 on apps and games

17.9 Mb on mail

8.80 Gb on temporary files

972 Mb on other

6.98Mb on other user

7.16 mb on maps

also i tried doing a disk clean up on the computer several times.

so can anybody help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Restart system. That's the maximum I could offer.

May be OS and recovery partition are eating your GBs.

Stream laptops are known to cause storage capacity issues and this is max you can dig in.

Run the portable version of Tree size and check space is distributed as indicated before:
http://mobile.jam-software.com/treesize_free/index.shtml

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hi,

Follow option 1 in this tutorial to do a clean up:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

i have done several disk cleanups on my laptop using this method but none have seemed to resolved the problem

HP Recommended
Hi,

Did you competely follow the instructions given:

Clean Up System Files?

Uninstall Desktop Programs?

Delete all but the most recent Restore Point?

If you've done these, follow option 2.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

hi

i was able to clean system files and delete desktop files

the computer wouldnt let me do the deleting the restore point ?

so will i just go with the second option then?

HP Recommended

Yes.

HP Recommended

ok

HP Recommended

ok i did that now it says the storage 28.7 Gb used out of 29.1GB

HP Recommended

Restart system. That's the maximum I could offer.

May be OS and recovery partition are eating your GBs.

Stream laptops are known to cause storage capacity issues and this is max you can dig in.

Run the portable version of Tree size and check space is distributed as indicated before:
http://mobile.jam-software.com/treesize_free/index.shtml
HP Recommended
I had a problem as well not having enough space on my c drive. I'm currently using a 16g flashdrive to complete the security updates. My only issue now is how long it is taking. I started it this morning and it's the end of the day and it's only made made it to 3%. I saw that it says it Wil take awhile but I'm just curious how long that while is averaged to be...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.