Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

ive tried the trouble shooting it found multiple unown devices and a cpl that the system could not find the driver for, not sure what to do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED!!!!!!! Need to go to device updating center and update pci2 contoller, Good as new THANKS MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HP NO HELP AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Try installing all of the chipset drivers from the hp.com site.

HP Recommended

did not work dont show unknown devices no more but still 2 more that wont let me copy and paste, it dont even give me an option in settings for the touch pad

HP Recommended

intel atom proccesser 12c controller has driver problem and the pci incryption decription controller has no drive

HP Recommended

Try these

type msconfig from search

On the startup tab , open taskmanager

right click the synaptics touchpad

and under compatibility tab

checked run this program as administrator

then restart.

These works for me recently.

Pls. hit kudos if it helps.

HP Recommended

dont give me synaptics as an option

HP Recommended

what folder should i download that driver too

HP Recommended

still not working

i downloaded ubuntu and touch bad worked fine so installed clean windows ten again and touch pad wont work?

HP Recommended

How are you installing the Windows 10 drivers?  You should download the Intel chipset drivers and run the Setup.exe file to install the driver.

HP Recommended

right tried all only compatiple muse is still hid mouse wich is a hp usb mouse no option for synaptic touchpad after installing no matter how many times

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.