Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP stream 11 - d 010wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Stream 11. I upgraded to Windows 10 and have had no real issues until I decided to update the drivers (I was sent a message that drivers were out dated). I usually do not click on anything like this because it causes problems and it sure did.
After the update, the touchpad no longer worked.I tried various fixes but nothing has worked.

At one point, I went into Add or Remove Programs and deleted the Synaptics touchpad hoping that when I rebooted, the reboot would find the touchpad and driver and reinstall correctly. I was wrong and I believe that was a huge error on my part. Now I cannot get the driver to work that I downloaded.

Is there any way I can get the touchpad to work again. I am using a mouse and that works fine but not efficient for a laptop.

Thank you

Alisonf1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are five chipset drivers on hp.com for the Stream 11 and one is required for the touchpad to work, I think it's Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support.  Install that and reboot and see if that fixes it and if not, install the other four.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

I own a HP Stream myself so I might be able to help.

Please can you try the following WITH the mouse plugged in

1.Restart

2.Make sure your version of Windows is up to date

Please click “Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem
HP Recommended

I tried to update to the latest version of Windows 10. It says I do not have enough disk space. (I had to use a USB to actually get it on this machine because there is so little space on it) And I have deleted everything I can think of that I don't need. Don't even have a virus protection... too much space

It does not give me an option to save the upgraded version onto a usb (like it did when I originally loaded it) 

It just keeps saying I don't have enough sapce.

Okay, all restarted and no touchpad!

HP Recommended

There are five chipset drivers on hp.com for the Stream 11 and one is required for the touchpad to work, I think it's Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support.  Install that and reboot and see if that fixes it and if not, install the other four.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This might sound completely irrelevant. Can I ask, how big the USB device is?

HP Recommended

Hey,

I just wanted to ask, can you install drivers with limited space?

HP Recommended

Regarding the Windows 10 upgrade issue, it has been reported here that the current version of Windows 10 no longer gives the option to point to additional storage to complete the upgrade.  A fresh installation of Windows 10 may be the only option.

HP Recommended

I would agree. Please make sure your files you need are backed up. Either on OneDrive or USB

HP Recommended

iT WORKED!!!! tHANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

My husband will be so happy since he hates using the mouse!!!

AlisonF1

HP Recommended

Hopefully you saw my last reply. The touchpad works thanks to installing the chopset.

The usb is 32 Gigs so plenty of room.

Can you just refresh me on the best way to do a complete and fresh Windows Install.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.