03-16-2012 07:49 AM
Uninstall current driver for Synaptics touchpad and restart system.
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Download and install latest driver from here.
By default Two - Finger Scrolling is enabled. If you want to use only one finger for scrolling then check the link below:
03-17-2012 08:57 AM
I am having the same issue with the scrolling function of the mousepad not working. Interestingly...I just had my computer sent off for a battery and AC adaptor error and the scroll hasn't been working since I picked the computer back up from Best Buy. I have tried to uninstall and download the new driver, but it cannot open the sp55710.exe driver program. I have restarted the computer and tried the Fn and prt sc buttons. When I went into the mousepad from device manager and found the properties and hardware Ids, this is what I found:
I have a HP pavilion dv7.
Thanks so much!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)