Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion g7 noyebook pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello  i have a pavilion g7 nootebook pc with a amd a-4 3305m radeon hd graphics apu with 1.90 ghz. can i upgrade processer and or graphics crad? not sure about memory yet. i think i have 2 slots with 1 slot  filled with 1 with 4gs.

any and all help would be gratefull.

bortas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your GPU comes soldered the highest is 1gb video not very good if you plan to game and the AMD is only two higher.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03538328

Page 18 list the board and processors.

Just remember AMD processors are not very good upgrade nor is the video upgrade a worth while option here. But that is my opinion what you do from here out that is your choice.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@bortas1 wrote:

hello  i have a pavilion g7 nootebook pc with a amd a-4 3305m radeon hd graphics apu with 1.90 ghz. can i upgrade processer and or graphics crad? not sure about memory yet. i think i have 2 slots with 1 slot  filled with 1 with 4gs.

any and all help would be gratefull.

bortas

Need Full model number and what CPU it has to know what if any CPU it can upgrade to but Rule is if AMD CPU then don't they aren't worth the price to upgrade as oppose to iNtel CPU. Graphics come As is no upgrades. If your playing games then get a Gaming laptop and those cost 2000US.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

i used  your id scan and this is what it said, hp pailion g7-1322nr notebook pc. modle # b9c18ua . if i can upgrade the memory only that would be ok.  thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

with a little help this is what you need i hope. hp pailion g7-1322nr notebook pc

modle#b9c18ua#aba. i realy hope i got it right.

bortas

HP Recommended

Your GPU comes soldered the highest is 1gb video not very good if you plan to game and the AMD is only two higher.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03538328

Page 18 list the board and processors.

Just remember AMD processors are not very good upgrade nor is the video upgrade a worth while option here. But that is my opinion what you do from here out that is your choice.

Learn more
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply. i know my answer.

salute bortas

HP Recommended

@bortas1

That is not really a completely accurate answer.

Actually you have an AMD APU, not a CPU and the graphics is on the APU chip. That is what notebooks use now. AMD ws the first manufacturer to use this setup.

Intel now uses the same type of "on-chip"  graphics solution. 

It can have up to 2 GB of video memory that it borrows from the notebook's installed RAM.

AMD Dual-Core A4-3305M soecifications

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Series-A4-3305M-Notebook-Processor.67991.0.html

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thank you for the clearifaction. i guess all i  can do is upgrade the memory which will be ok.

salute bortas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.