Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ay005nm
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i just got my new laptop and installed win7, 64 bit on it...i got all the drivers form hp site, but the non of the usb work.  in device manager, i see universal serial bus controller, marked with yellow spot ( as the driver is missing, i suppose). now i can not use my mouse or any other usb plug ins. ( when i plug in the usb external disc, the light goes up, but i cannot see it on my laptop-explorer etc)...

i think i should install drivers for usb, but i can't find the anywhere? any suggestions?

thnx..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the link below...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

HP Recommended

Hi bro , 

Please get into the Device Manager, Right Click on the exclamation devices, Select properties, click on the details tab and provide me the Hardware ID.

Please inform me the OS and bit version currently installed on the unit . 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/HP_SDM_Setup.exe

Install the softpaq and update all the drivers 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

hi thnx... but no, still don't work... this is only for 3.0... what about 2.0?

HP Recommended

Hi

try the softpaq once given above  and let me know if it works 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

tried once again what Paul suggested... it worked... Paul thnx!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

hi Paul,

can you help me with this issue.... when i try to watch a divX movie, the picture is not clear. i am using media player classic. i already installed some codecs and drivers from HP support page, but it doesn't help. maybe i need drivers for graphic card?

thnx

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you didn't install the graphics drivers then that is most likely why the picture isn't working clearly.

You need both of these graphics drivers for your model...restart the PC after you install each one.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp75508.exe

This package provides the AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode.

File name: sp75504.exe

If that doesn't resolve the problem, unfortunately, I won't be able to help you with the video problem you are experiencing.

HP Recommended

hi...installed both drivers, now i see my graphic card on my device list, but it has a yellow mark and the message is: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.