Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

warning machine is not in committed state error comes in probook 4530s note book. Please send the solution for this issue.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

anjala1987,

This error occurs when the DMI version of the system board is incorrect.  You will need to set up a service event by contacting Customer Service.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Did you recently replace the system board or have service done?

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I hava the same problem with my Probook 4530s. I just change the mother board and then no serial and product number. How can you help me to resolve the problem?

HP Recommended
seamless,

See my response to anjala. You'll need to have an authorized service center tattoo the new system board.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. I would only see this as a solution if we knew for certain the system has been changed.

The computer was purchased brand new from the store who are HP dealers.

Could this suggest the motherboard has been changed and it is not a new computer?

Thanks for your clarification.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been reading and trying different utilities grrrrrrrrrrr lol I work for Trinity Information Services and we are a authorized service center. I just changed the system board on a HP 6560b and I am getting the WARNING - MACHINE IS NOT IN COMMITTED STATE.  I read your post that you have to be a authorized service to tattoo the new system board. With that said, where do I get the utility to fix this problem, being an authorized tech.

Thanks,

Scott

HP Recommended

@Brotts wrote:

Hello,

I have been reading and trying different utilities grrrrrrrrrrr lol I work for Trinity Information Services and we are a authorized service center. I just changed the system board on a HP 6560b and I am getting the WARNING - MACHINE IS NOT IN COMMITTED STATE.  I read your post that you have to be a authorized service to tattoo the new system board. With that said, where do I get the utility to fix this problem, being an authorized tech.

Thanks,

Scott

Normally, a lack of a tattoo causes a totally different error.  Also, when the tattoo is missing the computer still works but it will not allow you to install an HP OEM version of Windows.  So, I do not believe the tattoo is what you're missing.

As an Authorized Service Center you should have some special means of contacting HP directly.  These forums are not a direct line to HP or HP Support, but rather a peer-to-peer community.  Any HP Employees you see on here, such as myself, are here to help but not normally in an official capacity.  I suggest you get in touch with HP directly and let them know about the problem.  You likely need a completely different motherboard.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
yestarday I changed my Probook 450 G2 board and it keeps on displaying MACHINE NOT IN COMMITTED STATE...what should I do please
HP Recommended

warning machine is not in committed state error comes in probook450 g2 note book. Please send the solution for this issue.

HP Recommended

@Mamunur wrote:

warning machine is not in committed state error comes in probook450 g2 note book. Please send the solution for this issue.

This is hp user forum we aren't Official HP support ticket. If you aren't willing to contact your HP Service center to resolve the problem then nothing can be done here.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.