Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dx6667cl Notebook
Microsoft Windows Vista

Can someone tell me if Bios F.59 is the correct bios for the dx6667cl , p/n GS770UA#ABA?  When I looked up the bios # on HP Support is shows F.58.A and not F.59.  However,  the laptop has F.59 installed and it seems to work ok but very slow.Is there  any difference between the two?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @fanhp

You had asked which BIOS you needed to use on your HP Pavilion dx6667cl Notebook PC. First I would like to Welcome you to the HP Support Community! 

I went to your HP Pavilion dx6667cl Notebook PC Software and Drivers Download Page also and you are correct. The BIOS download file: sp39862.exe for Windows Vista is version F.58 A. This version was the last version updated on Oct 20, 2014 for your Notebook. That should be the version that you are running as it is the latest. 

Do you happen to know how you ended up with F.59? Did you download it from somewhere? If your Notebook is functioning correctly while using the F.59, I would not worry to much about it, however, if you are having issues, I would suggest that you revert to the F.58 A version to eliminate complications. 

The download description says "This package contains the WinFlash utility and a System BIOS image for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The WinFlash utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS (ROM) on notebooks operating in a Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System environment."

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.

Thanks for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @fanhp

You had asked which BIOS you needed to use on your HP Pavilion dx6667cl Notebook PC. First I would like to Welcome you to the HP Support Community! 

I went to your HP Pavilion dx6667cl Notebook PC Software and Drivers Download Page also and you are correct. The BIOS download file: sp39862.exe for Windows Vista is version F.58 A. This version was the last version updated on Oct 20, 2014 for your Notebook. That should be the version that you are running as it is the latest. 

Do you happen to know how you ended up with F.59? Did you download it from somewhere? If your Notebook is functioning correctly while using the F.59, I would not worry to much about it, however, if you are having issues, I would suggest that you revert to the F.58 A version to eliminate complications. 

The download description says "This package contains the WinFlash utility and a System BIOS image for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The WinFlash utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS (ROM) on notebooks operating in a Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System environment."

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.

Thanks for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I will install the F.58.A.

I am sure that I got the F.59 from HP support downloads website, That's the only place I go to. It was probably around Nov/Dec 2014 when I installed F.59.   I was having very slow performance.  It must have made a difference then.

Now I looked again for bios because I am have very loud fan noise that definitetly seems to be related to what the processor is doing.  I recently added 2GB simm to memory (now have (4G) and that help the speed but not the noise.  

HP Recommended

Hi! 

Thank you for Accepting my post as the Solution! Please keep me informed on if the BIOS reset back to the F.58 A rectified the noise that you are hearing. 

Thanks!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Reinstalled Bios using HP Support SP39862.exe for F.58.A.  However msinfo32.exe says that i now have F.58 installed (not F.58.A).  It did not seem to make much difference with the fan noise.  Not noisey all the time only when heavy load from software, I think.  I cleaned out the fan and vacuumed dust from inside but made very little difference.  I installed CPUcool to measure temperatures and all seem to be OK -- CPU 1 41-42C /105-108F ,  CPU 2 same. 

When it gets really loud, I tap the laptop on the desk and it calms down. (Not the best fix but works somewhat 🙂

Thanks for your interest.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.