Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I am glad there has been a 'complainant' or two, as I find the shift of the touchpad to the left of the laptop a terrible place to put it!

It is usually placed below the spacebar on all laptops, this is because typists use both hands and the palms of your hands will sit adjacent the touchpad rather than on it, which will cause errors when typing.

However, the touchpad being offcentre, when there is a number pad included on the keyboard is a really poor idea. When the laptop is is on your lap, it is unbalanced. I cannot see why touchpads are not placed under the numeric pad, which is the natural place of a mouse!

To the gentleman that can't believe there is a complainant about the touchpad, I suggest you use google to search more frequently, and you will realise that out of your bubble, there are others that dislike the positioning of the touchpad too.

HP Recommended

We have a Dell Lattitude's and MacBook Pro's of various screen sizes all with no number pad and central trackpad. I stupidly bought a new (Acer) without thinking about it properly, it has an left offset trackpad. I automatically sit centrally to the screen, and my left wrist constantly makes contact with it causing chaos. I dont want a number pad, I want to be able to sit centrally to the screen and have my keyboard central, and my trackpad in the middle where I do not accidentally touch it.

This is now a deal breaker for me.

HP Recommended

I think the track pad is awkward too ! I have a 17 inch Laptop and I have started using my left hand because my right hand starts to hurt ! So It's a Legitimate gripe .

HP Recommended

I agree, the position of the trackpad on the left sees bizarre.  My left hand stays leaning on the laptop and my palm keeps "touching" the pad which moves my cursor to the wrong spot.  It is very annoying.  My right hand moves all over the shop as it is used to coming off the keyboard to mouse.  now I have to move my left hand out of the way for my right hand to trackpad.  If the track pad was on the right, then i wouldn't have this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.