Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

15940835_1030895710347995_6382203893804049354_n.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MarcusV

Did you buy the laptop as used or refurbished???

Do you see the HP splash screen first then that Lenovo screen???

REO

HP Recommended

I think that is desktop wallpaper not a splash screen and I think somebody is messing with us. 

HP Recommended
Not done anything intentionally
HP Recommended

bought new last year, at walmart. Did not realize Lenovo page was out of place until yesterday when I bought my wife a new HP all in one at Best Buy and mentioned it to the salesperson.

HP Recommended

not messing with anyone, it came that way from walmart

HP Recommended

I just purchased an HP from Best Buy (to replace a POS Lenovo) and I have the same thing - the windows background is the same as MarcusV and the background is identical to the one on my Lenovo. I didn't notice it until my wife pointed it out. I unsealed the box myself so I'm assuming no one at the store mucked with it.

HP Recommended

Sorry for being skeptical it sounds crazy but the only explanation I can think is HP and Lenovo laptops may be made at the same factory and somebody mistakenly loaded HPs with Lenovo backgrounds. The background is easily replaced.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-change-desktop-background-in-windows-10/

HP Recommended

Don't worry, your're not crazy! The reason your Lenovo wallpaper moved over to your HP laptop is because Windows 10 automatically syncs wallpapers across every device when you register them all with the same account.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.