HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-05-2009 08:12 AM
I'm using an HP Pavilion dv6000 Notebook series.
I noticed that my Caps Lock LED is not working but its FUNCTION is working fine.. same goes with Scroll Lock. Here's the weird part.. when I press Num Lock ( function key + scroll lock ) the LED turns on!
I already tried a system recovery, it didn't solve the issue. Is there something wrong with my BIOS?
Any help from you guys will be highly appreciated.. thanks!
12-05-2009 08:18 AM
Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly. Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then try updating your BIOS. If neither works...It's pretty much dead and not worth fixing.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
09-04-2010 10:31 AM
amazingly i am also facing the same problem, fn+scroll = led glow otherwise not and the caps lock has stoped glowing completely, and i am at a complete loss because its been only a few months that i bought my HP dv42106tx laptop, and its already facing so many problems, please someone debug these problems HP laptops are facing.
05-03-2011 12:09 AM
I am facing the same problem.
I did the hard reset too. But no use.
If any HP support can be extended to solve this issue, well & good.
08-27-2011 11:31 PM
I am using HP Pavallion dv6000 Laptop. From two days my Caps Lock and Scroll lock LED is not working.
Kindly give me trobleshootin reason.
09-14-2011 03:33 AM
Exatly same problem with me!!! It`s a dv-6000 series.
I noticed that when I push caps lock on my laptop, the function works but the light does not illuminate.
And it`s incredible the number of pepople that have the same problem... and more incredible is the fact that HP never show a solution to it!!!