HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-27-2011 10:54 AM
I bought my HP G62 laptop in Nov, 2010. The laptop overheats within 10 min of boot and some times it shutsdown automatically. It's almost impossible for me to operate my laptop for longer durations for every now and then I've to leave my laptop off so that it can cool down.
Recently Battery of this laptop is also behaving mysteriously, i mean although it gets discharged but the status is shown as 100%. I checked battery using HP's Battery Check tool , the battery is ok and said that it needs some calibration. After calibrating, the condition has not changed yet.
07-27-2011 04:12 PM
07-27-2011 04:38 PM
I had a DV6810 and battery became so hot it would shut the machine down. Chat support told me more than once it was not my battery. I knew it was. I was told to clean it.
HP support did NOTHING for me- my laptop motherboard was fried at less at than 2 years old. Then yesterday I get the letter of the battery recall. Suddenly, my battery is affected. But not when it was exhibiting all the symptoms.
So it was a 1 1/2 year laptop and a lost customer because HP fought to avoid replacing a $20 battery.
Good luck to you.
If you like it, pay to replace it. Mine had overheated so many times I knew it was damaged and a battery alone would not fix it.
HP did not do a thing to assist me and I had never had anything but HP laptops. I guess now I will have everything except HP- they knew full well these batteries were dangerous.
05-04-2012 02:51 AM
same issue, and annoying problem. the store where I bought tell me that this overheating should be becouse i put my computer on a soft surface. That is not true and it is worst because nowadays my HP shuts down automatically when I'm only using a torrent client messing my downloads.
My ubuntu detects battery fail at 40% and it has only one year and a half.
I must turn back to Apple, thank you.
05-09-2012 10:25 AM
I have this computer and it shuts it self down like yours, I will take him this week to the store because it is in the garanty, I bought it on December 2010.
I too must turn to Apple, I had an Ipod that speaker stopped working, and 2 weeks later I had a brand new Ipod.
10-13-2012 09:25 PM - edited 10-13-2012 09:32 PM
Follow these directions carefully!
I am the lead computer tech (and owner) of Epic Computer Systems in Wilmington NC... and have come across this issue a few times... heres how to fix it...
Get a vacuum cleaner, turn your computer over, and vacuum the vents on the back of the system for about 1 to 2 minutes each... your problem should be fixed. Do this VERY VERY carefully, as vacuum cleaners can create static electricity (which can totally screw a computer), and be sure not to use a vacuum with an extreme suction, (dont use the newer dysons or new vacuums)... and NEVER EVER EVER do this to the inside of the computer.
What happens... is the vents collect small dust particles (even if you cant see them)... and this prevents the warm air from escaping. The hp's come with a built in setting that shut down if the system is too hot, to prevent melting of the processor/motherboard/etc...
I would recommend hp to anyone and I wont personally own anything other. They are also the leading computer manufacturer at the time.
Good luck! Hope this helps!
Come visit us at https://www.facebook.com/#!/CustomComputerRepair?f