HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-12-2011 10:03 AM - edited 06-13-2011 04:04 PM
I have a HP Mini 110-1025DX which doesn't boot anymore. When I power-on the machine, the Power and the WLAN LED turn on, the Harddisk spins up and the Harddisk-LED starts flashing, but the display remains black and no beep from the speakers. Because the warranty period is over I have to fix this myself..
Things I tried (with no luck):
- Connect external Monitor -> remains black as well
- Remove Harddisk -> HDD-LED doesn't flash anymore, but no other changes
- Remove RAM -> Doesn't change anything, no beep or something
- Remove CMOS Battery and wait 1 hour -> no change
- Open Netbook and first disconnect then reconnect all cables on the Mainboard -> no change
I tried to get a BIOS File for this machine, but unfortunately HP offers only the Windows flash utility (which is useless in my case..) and I wasn't able to extract the BIOS File from there.
Has anyone another Idea what probably could prevent the Netbook from working properly?
Has anyone the BIOS-File (.bin) for this machine?
The strange thing is that the last time I used this Netbook it worked just perfect (OS was Ubuntu 9.10).
(You probably ask yourself why I'm interested in the BIOS File, even if my computer doesn't boot anymore. The reason is that I found some documents saying that it might be possible to use some sort of emergency recovery procedure even if the BIOS on the computer's mainboard is already corrupted. That's the last option I can think of so far.)