HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-10-2010 08:27 PM
I recently bought a new motherboard to replace the previously fired motherboard. I installed it on January 7th 2010 and on Sunday January 10 2010 it shut off while in use. I was running off of battery power and the computer just shut off. I thought the battery had died so i plugged it into the AC adapter and let it charge. After about one hour i pressed the power button. It lit up along with the Quickplay buttons and all other visible LED's on the system. Nothing shows on the display and after about 3 seconds it just shuts off. I hear the hard drive spinning and sometimes the fan spins, but most of the time the fan does not work. Did the system overheat? Are there BIOS updates I should have installed? My system has the Intel integrated graphics chip so it is not the faulty Nvidia chipsets. Any help would be great. Thanks.
01-11-2010 12:47 AM
u said u had the MB replaced, if u did it then double check that all connections are connected properly, also check if u'r ram is correctly placed in its slot, that's if u did that by u'r self.
if u did that at a service center then I sugest u give it back to them coz propably u have some kind of waranty for that,
it might be that something wasn't connected properly after replacing the MB, or that whatever toasted u'r old one has also toasted u'r new one, so check u'r power supply.
01-11-2010 02:36 PM
I replaced the board myself but I checked to make sure all connections were secure and the ram is seated properly. This was actually my cousins laptop and he spilled a beverage on the old board. So I replaced it and it was working from Thursday to Sunday. I was using it and it just died. I'm now thinking it is the CPU. Any thoughts?